Monday, June 11, 2012

GIRL(Y) POWER


This summer has felt very nostalgic to me. I've been making friendship bracelets, painting my nails mismatching colors, picking flowers, putting stickers on anything and everything, and digging out my old denim overalls. When I was a kid, until the age of 10, I refused to go near anything pink or 'girly' and under absolutely no circumstances would I be caught dead wearing a dress. I was happy with my wolf t-shirt and sweatpants, perfect for pretending to be a wizard in my front yard. If it was really hot out, I would go for shorts that hit above the knee so I could show off my birthmark, which I thought was something quite special. Slowly but surely I have come to love pink, dandelions, and sparkly things, and I'm all the better for it!


(All photos shot on disposable cameras/iphone4)


5 comments:

  1. Love you're pictures! Just wondering are thoose you're records?? :D If they are they totally awesome!

    Michelle :) xoxo

    lovelybluebird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yep, they're mine, I'm somewhat of a collector ;)

      Delete
  2. I like this bohemian flower-child theme going on here! You should feature a list of some of your favorite record tracks. I bet you all the fashionistas would love to read about that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is exactly what's happened to me!
    when i was about six and turned into a full on tomboy along with my bestfriend... we did all the typical boyish things, joined a football club, only wore baggy jeans and a boys' t-shirt, and we were always so competitive... we even had challenges like "whoever can eat their packed lunch the quickest is the best tomboy". silly really.
    but it's kind of all changed now ( I'm 13) and i love dresses and skirts and flowers and glitter and my little pony hairclips and everything!! i guess I've changed a LOT.. but i still love climbing trees etc :)

    http://cottonmixblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, and i also love the pictures. and your outfits are incredible!

      Delete